My LSNED book
On the 1st of September Learn Something New Every Day will begin at www.shimelle.com. I took this class for the first time last year (you can see the art journal I made for it here), and I’ve been really looking forward to the class stating again. I love looking back on my book from last year and I hope I’ll like this year’s one just as much!
For this September I’ve made myself a counterfeit smash book, turning an old, damaged Ladybird book into a journal:
Here’s a photo of the book when I’d just cut the front cover off, so you can see how battered it was (to cut the covers and pages off I just used a craft knife and metal ruler):
I punched the holes in the cover for the book rings by using my Crop-A-Dile Big Bite. To see what else I’ve done to get the book ready for class, you can watch this you tube video. The book is packed with papers and other bits and pieces, all ready to go (to view the video larger on You Tube just click on it once it’s started playing):
Sorry about all the ‘errrms’!
Things mentioned in the video (except Shimelle’s site which I’ve already linked above!):
- I’ve made the book a bit like a smash book, to see the actual branded Smash Book that I got the idea from then check out this YouTube video.
- Some Studio G alphabet stamps like the ones I used can be purchased here (I bought mine a long time ago from The Range Home and Leisure)
- Julie Kirk’s blog: http://www.notesonpaper.blogspot.com/ (I won the Airmail twine on a giveaway on her blog, and she sent the fabric strip in with the prize!)
- The airmail twine can be purchased from The Ribbon Girl here.
- The kraft paper I used for the pages inside can be purchased from Paperchase.
- Kirsty Neale’s first post on security envelope decorative tape is here, and her second post about using other papers is here.
- The Stick It glue dots that I’ve used on my page markers can be bought here.