MME Miss Caroline Trinket Box
Just a quick one, as I have an awful lot of housework to do this evening. I hate housework. I guess I don’t know anyone who does like it, except maybe my Mother In Law – she has no fingerprints left on her right hand because she’s used bleach so much over her lifetime. They almost wouldn’t let her into the USA when they randomly checked her for fingerprints!
I just wanted to pop by and show you my latest project which went live today on the SJ Crafts blog. It’s a trinket box altered using MME Miss Caroline supplies, and would be a perfect Mother’s Day Gift – I may even give this one to my fingerprintless MIL:
I love the Miss Caroline ‘Day Worn’ paper with the wood grain and doilies effect, and wanted to use it to make something special. I began by painting the inside rims of the box, as I knew I wouldn’t want to cover these with paper:
Once that was dry, I measured the box lid and sides, cut the ‘Day Worn’ paper to match (also cutting notches into the back pieces for the hinges), and adhering them on with matt Mod-Podge. I put a layer of Mod-Podge onto both the box and the back of the paper, so that there was a nice layer to make sure the glue went into any cracks on the box surface. You can use watered down PVA glue instead of Mod-Podge, but be aware that PVA may yellow over time.
Once this first layer was dry, I then painted another coat of Mod-Podge over the whole box – working it into any joins to make sure they were sealed, and to give protection to the paper. I repeated this process to line the box with the ‘Day Butterflies’ paper, which is a nice surprise when you open the box:
To decorate the lid, I used Mod-Podge again to attach some lace, and then stamped the line of flowers from the Miss Caorline stamps, using Staz-On ink. I used some mini alpha stickers on a MME label sticker to spell the word ‘trinkets’, and adhered this to the box using foam tape. I cut a flower from a scrap of ‘living blooms’ paper and placed a brad in the centre, then glued this on with a hot glue gun.
I also used wire cutters to cut the backs off a couple more brads from the set, and adhered these with hot glue too. Finally I used thick foam dots to attach the butterfly which comes with the Miss Caroline brads, and also stuck on a couple of yellow pearls:
Now the box is all ready to store some lovely items!
Pop over to the SJ Crafts Blog Here to see the original post!
Thanks for looking,