A Challenge – To Be Inspired!
(This post is part of my Onwards and Upwards Blog Event)
Regular event participants here will have seen this coming… it’s time for the Challenge to be Inspired!
There’s going to be all kinds of inspiration this weekend (including a card further on in this post, layouts and more to come later), and while you’re reading I hope you’ll be thinking how to put the ideas into your own projects! To encourage you to dive straight in, this challenge comes with a tempting prize for one participant:
Some Jillibean Soup Chilled Cucumber items
Including 2 Sheets of Paper, a Sheet of Bite Sized Bits, and the Pea Pod Parts!
So, while you’re reading any posts from this weekend (by me or by others), make sure you pin or bookmark them, then get creating! When you’ve finished your project, you can come back here and add it to the Linky tool at the bottom of this post.
There will be a ‘Be Inspired’ section at the end of most of the posts this weekend, to suggest ideas you can lift to make your own crafts. Your projects don’t have to look anything like the original, as long as you’ve gained inspiration from something, somehow!
And here’s a card to add to the inspiration:
I used lots of things to give the recipient of the card some ‘direction’ in their life! The triangles, arrows, and chevrons all add power to the card, making you look all around because they point in different directions, but the main ones are pointing at the sentiment so you know where your focus should be. The ombre effect on the green ledger paper helps enhance the uplifting sentiment, hopefully whoever receives the card will feel energised thanks to it!
To make this card:
1. Cut a piece of triangle patterned paper (from Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm 6×6 Pad) down to 3⅞” x 5½“. Ink the edges with a grey ink pad, and adhere to an A6 (4⅛” x 5¾“) kraft card blank.
2. Stick 2 lengths of American Crafts Aqua Glitter tape vertically on the triangle paper, leaving approx ⅜” of triangle paper showing at the left and right edges.
3. Cut a green ombre ledger piece of paper (also from Lucky Charm) down to 2¾” x 5½“. Ink the edges with black ink. Machine stitch a border around it using white thread.
4. Heat emboss the ‘You are Amazing’ sentiment onto the ombre paper, using black ink and clear embossing powder. Adhere this paper to the front of the card using 3D foam tape.
5. Paint 5 Studio Calico Wood Veneer Chevrons with white acrylic paint, and then a coat of Crystal Stickles. Glue them to the card (I use Glossy Accents), so they are pointing up at the sentiment. Finish the card by cutting some Aqua Glitter Tape triangles, and adding them to look like photo corners!
– Create direction on a project with lots of arrows or triangles
– Use a bold black sentiment or title on some lighter colours
– Paint and/or glitter an embellishment to change its appearance
Your project for this challenge does not have to be inspired by this card, it can be inspired by ANY post from this weekend. It doesn’t even have to be inspired by one of my posts – if you want to lift something from one of the blog hop participant’s posts that’s fine too.
If you’re worrying because there’s been no scrapbook layouts shown here so far, don’t panic, there’s one of mine coming up in an hour as part of the blog hop!
Need any more inspiration? Check out the Onwards and Upwards Pinterest Board I created HERE. At the moment it’s filled with things I was using for inspiration for the event, but over this weekend I’m going to be adding my projects, the blog hop projects, and challenge submissions to it!
To enter this challenge: Make something inspired by this weekend, then blog about it or upload it to an online gallery, with a link back to the project that inspired you. Then come here and add your project to the Linky Tool below! You can enter this challenge as many times as you like, and you can combine it with other challenges (either mine or other online challenges).
The challenge will close next Sunday 19th May at 10.59pm BST (NOW SLIGHTLY EXTENDED TO 05.59am BST on Monday 20th May). It is open internationally.
Finally, don’t forget that commenting on this post, and any other over this weekend, will count as an entry into the Grand Giveaway, but only if you’ve registered your interest in winning that prize right HERE.
I’ll be back again soon with a blog hop! x